My little healthy mission

I am trying to lose some weight hopefully before the ultra marathon next month (1 month to be exact today!!!) because i feel like my body is too heavy for my height. I am 5"2 by the way. I also received some comments about  my body from a few people.. who asked "you work out but why do i see you not getting any smaller? you're getting bigger" I know the word "bigger" is just a polite way to say i'm fat! It is SO embarrassing to receive such comments. 

So, instead of being mopey i did some thinking and i realized i eat out everyday! especially during lunch. I think that is the cause of my weight gain despite working out almost everyday. I have made a decision to limit my intake of eating out to 2 times a week only. It would be great if i don't eat out at restaurants at all! but that would be impossible :) 

Today is the first day of my mission. I brought breakfast AND lunch to work today. Breakfast usually consist of muesli and today's lunch is egg with tomato sandwich that i made this morning. I hope this little mission of mine will work wonders to my body. I have heard many many times that to be healthy, exercise is not enough. You need to take care of your diet - food intake and type of foods you put inside your body.

Dont get me wrong, i am not doing this because i want to be thin. I want to be healthy. If i can be thin out of this, well i consider it as a side benefit :)

Here are some of the benefits of healthy eating for maintaining a healthy body that i copied from secretsofhealthyeathing.com

  • Weight Control Eating a healthy diet with the correct proportions of proteins, carbohydrates and healthy fats goes a long way to helping you keep your body in shape. Supplementing a healthy eating program with both aerobic and anaerobic exercise will help you maintain a healthy weight.
  • Looking Good Both your hair and skin will benefit from a healthy diet, as the nourishment your food provides will keep your skin and hair glowing. Healthy food choices such as vegetables and fruits supply the body with essential vitamins and minerals that keep your skin supple and your hair shining.
  • Energy Levels If you"re always feeling tired, it could be a result of your diet. Energy production in the body is dependent on the food we eat, with healthy foods providing the body with the components it needs to keep you feeling vital and energetic.
  • Disease Protection One of the most crucial benefits of healthy eating is that with optimal levels of nutrients in your body, you can lower you risk of developing many diseases. In addition, reducing your consumption of saturated fat, sugars and salt alone can have a significant impact on your well-being.
  • Sleeping Better Over-eating and consuming lots of junk food can have a devastating effect on your sleep patterns. Toxins that are released into our bodies from unhealthy foods can affect the quality and quantity of sleep. People who don't get enough sleep are also at risk of developing weight issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossingBorders

Holy?

Kuching getaway (Day 1)