Carbs for my love

I'm almost 8 months post-partum. To be honest I sill haven't gotten back into my pre-pregnancy weight. I tried dieting but since i'm breastfeeding it's so hard. I get hungry easily LOL. Dieting for me means not taking much carbs like rice but the thing is, rice especially  brown rice is my milk booster. The other day, I only had fruit juice for breakfast and fried spaghetti for lunch. I pumped for 40 minutes and got only 1oz.

Diet plays a significant role in producing milk so I can't afford to diet now. So this morning I had oat + banana smoothie for breakfast and brown rice for lunch. This afternoon, I pumped nearly 5oz.. I'm one happy mommy!

Almost 5oz !
I learned that different people will have different type of milk booster food. When my baby was still a newborn, I was told to drink young papaya soup. I tried but the result wasn't as good as oats and rice for me. Oh, and drink lots of fluid :)

The truth is, you don't need to spend alot of money on those milk booster products they have in the market. You can boost your milk supply using natural food. All you need is some trial and error. Try everything til you get the one that suits you. My favourites are brown rice, oats, bananas, and avocados.

To new and/ or soon-to-be mommies out there.. All the best in finding your milk booster! <3 div="">



Comments

Mas Light said…
Blogpost crita ibu ibu ni sdh.
Pammie Pajammie said…
Ya loh... dulu2 bukan main lagi crita emo2, sakit hati kunun kan hahahahah

Popular posts from this blog

CrossingBorders

Holy?

Kuching getaway (Day 1)