I Just Have To Share

Ok, since exam week for this semester is over. Ive got some time to kill in my work place. Yeay? for now... i am always reminded by the stacks of paper laying so comfortably on the left side of my desk. But it can wait til next week hehe.. :P

I have been browsing ALOT on youtube lately searching for songs. Good friends of mine, Clarice & Arnold will be tying the knot of the 27th of this month and i have been invited to sing at their wedding day. We have been friends since kids, and i just cannot say NO to them. So yea, that was the whole purpose of my browsing through youtube for songs: to get some kind of idea of what songs should i sing that day.

While i was on youtube i came across Jenna Pascual. Ohemgee, this lady sure got a great set of pipes! I wanted to know more about this great singer so i clicked on her profile and this is what she wrote about herself:

"I'm Jenely Pigao from Philippines. i came from a family of musicians.. my mom is a singer, and my dad is bassist/pianist. i started singing professionally at the age of 14 back in my home town, davao city. i joined BORN DIVA (just like american idol) back in 2004, where ABS-CBN named me Jenna Pascual and gave me the title CAPTIVATING DIVA. i became one of the 8 finalists and got the chance to perform with some of the popular recording artists here in the philippines. released an album under star records entitled UNLEASH THE DIVA featuring the 8 finalists. my song called MAKE it THROUGH.

couple of years after, i joined PRYZM BAND (1 of manila's best bands) went abroad for the first time and after our 6 months contract i decided to come home to davao.. now i still do local gigs.. (That's all for now)
"

Whoah.. I became an instant fan of hers :)

Just like her, i come from a family of musicians. Almost everyone in my family sings (my parents, my sis & bro, aunts, uncles, cousins) and most of them can play atleast one musical instrument. But i dont think im going to make singing as a profession. Singing for me, is just a thing that i do in my free time. Something to fill in the void just so i won't be bored. I always relate my moods to music. I think life will be so bored without any music. It's really so easy to know when im up in the morning at home: music will be playing from my room..haha. Music is the first thing i switch on in the morning and it is also the last thing i switch off at night. Im not those people who plays music when they're sleeping. I mean, who's gonna listen to it when you're asleep? just a waste of electricity, says my dad and it's true bah.

Oklah, 'nuff bout me.. take a listen to Jenna Pascual singing one of my favourite song by Natalie Cole "Inseparable"



Enjoy!

P.

Comments

Kal-El said…
i remember her.. how fast time flies.. hehehe.. i remember her in born diva, it was actually my childhood friend who won that competition :)
Pammie Pajammie said…
Oh really? wow! i really like her singing.. if you ever see her again, please tell her she has a fan in Malaysia :D
Kal-El said…
Raki Vega? sure! I'll be writing about her in my next blog :)
Unknown said…
Hi there! :)

I just came across your blog. Just wanna thank you for this post :) Wow! Tagal na nito ah ngayon ko lang nakita.. Better late than never. Thank you again. Merry Chrismas to you and your family :) God bless

Jenna Pascual
Unknown said…
Hi there! :)

I just came across your blog. Just wanna thank you for this post :) Wow! Tagal na nito ah ngayon ko lang nakita.. Better late than never. Thank you again. Merry Chrismas to you and your family :) God bless

Jenna Pascual

Popular posts from this blog

CrossingBorders

Holy?

Kuching getaway (Day 1)