Little Miss Nerdy Me

I just finish reading White Oleander this morning. I know its been a long time since i started reading the book. I got the book in August last year at Goodwill bookstore, Manila for a bargain price of 20pesos. Its not that im a slow reader, its just that the only time i read the book is at night when i go to bed. Sometimes i dont read at all.. i just dive into my bed and doze off.

I find White Oleander to be somewhat dark and tragic. Sometimes too tragic i dont want to keep on reading. But somehow the curiousity of whats going to happen next to Astrid keeps coming back to haunt me. So i open up the book and start to read where i put off.

I am now starting to read a novel by Elizabeth Berg entitled 'Open House'. I read a couple of pages during breakfast. Unlike White Oleander, this one's a love story. The reason why i bought this book (considering that im not a big fan of love story novels) is because it has the 'Oprah's book club' tag on it. As ive mentioned a thousand times before, im collecting books under Oprah's book club, or just books mentioned on the show. I have a few here.. and in my opinion they're all of good quality readings.

Ok.. now im starting to sound like a nerd. Books are my treasured assets..i have plenty of 'em (excluding my schoolbooks, that is) and im still collecting. I have this dream of having my own little library in my own house..one day. I think it'll be cool to have something like that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

AddThis Feed Button

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossingBorders

Holy?

Kuching getaway (Day 1)