Trust.






The moment i saw this card at a christian bookstore in Wisma Merdeka i just knew i have to have this. So i bought it and it is now serving me as bookmark in my Bible.

Trusting in God is one of the hardest thing to do as a Christian. Don't get me wrong, I believe in God, i know He created the universe and all human beings. I just sometimes don't understand the term "Trust God". Trust Him with what? I understand that when I pray and ask God to help me, I hope that He hears me and I hope that maybe He’ll see things my way…and maybe grant me what I ask Him. But I learned long ago…that He doesn’t always answer me, so I don’t expect too much from Him. Trust God? I’m trying. I’m really trying. It’s just very hard.

This is when our faith weakens, when we feel like nothing's happening. When our prayers go unanswered. But, something is happening. God wants to see if we will still trust Him even if our prayers don’t turn out the way we want. He is trying to help us grow in our faith, and in order to do that He continues to raise the bar a little bit at a time. As we grow spiritually, He asks us to believe in Him more, and when things become difficult…He wants us to believe even more.

This is what i learned throughout the years. And most prayers can only be answered when we do something in our situation rather than just waiting for something to magicly happen. Yes, God wants us to get off our lazy butts.

When prayers go unanswered, we often decide that God could not be trusted after all and thus, we give up, and have doubts once again. God wants us to keep on trusting Him. He may not have answered our prayer right away and He may never answer our prayers the way we want, but do we still believe and trust Him to do what is best? In the past, i would usually go on a rampage when things doesnt go my way. It is so easy to point fingers and play the blame game but we have to put our trust in Him for He knows what is best for us.

I'm posting this up because i know alot of people out there could relate to this. Now, before i go to sleep at night, sometimes i would think of the things that have occured in my life for example, past relationship that i once thought would be the "real deal" but in the end didn't work out for some reason. It makes me think "What is God's plan for my life?" I know God has something very special planned up for my life. I just have to trust in His time for all of that to happen. I am giving up my mind’s control over all situations, taking my hands off and let go of my fear & unbelief - STOP TRYING TO FIGURE THINGS OUT AND TRUST GOD TO WORK.

I used to tell God what i think i need for myself but now, i ask Him to do what is best for me and trust that whatever happens is what He wants for me this time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossingBorders

Holy?

Kuching getaway (Day 1)