Apples and Wine

I read this at Jasmine's blog:

“Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren’t as good, but easy. The apples at the top thinks something is wrong with them, when in reality, they’re amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Now men… men are like fine wine. They begin as grapes and it’s up to women to stomp the shit out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.

Share this with all the good apples you know.”


This is not the first time i read this. But it's been so long since i came across this i forgotten all about it. So reading it this morning was sort of like a reminder to me that it is okay to be single. I forgot about this and thats why i ended up being in two relationships that didnt last in 2009 alone. Why? because i became jealous and easy - someone who i never (in a million years) thought i would become. Im not saying that im a hard case to crack (cause im not) but im just saying if im ever gonna be in a relationship again it should be for all the right reasons and not because of the jealousy that i feel towards other people who have their "person".

I dont want to be perceived as a pathetic low-esteemed kind of girl, cause im not. I may complain and whine sometimes but those are just moments that i get once in a while when people get to my head (thanks alot). Only God knows how high my esteem is (haha!) Some people have asked me before "Pammie, who's your boyfriend? why havent i heard any news about you being with anyone?" Hel-lo!? why should i announce it to the world if im with anyone?

I know im not the prettiest or the skinniest person, i am so far from perfect but you know what? i wont trade my life for any other life. I love my life. I finally can say now that i am content with myself, especially my weight. Like i said, i am not skinny and i dont have any intention to go near skinny. The imperfections that we have is what makes us human. You can criticize me, call me fat or ugly. Go ahead. Im ok with my body and self. Maybe it is you who have issues to deal with. Good luck.

What im trying to say here is that, it is ok to be single. It doesnt mean there's something wrong with you if you're single. Dont think that you're not skinny enough or pretty enough to be worth of love. There are people who are just mentally wrong. They think to have a boyfriend, you need to lose half your body size and need to be beauty pagent pretty. Do not fall for this crap! One day, a guy will come along and accept you and all your imperfections just the way they are.

So dont give up. Stay positive.. that's how im gonna be from this moment onwards.


♥ P.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CrossingBorders

Holy?

Hey Look Ma, I Made It!